Coastal advance and coastal retreat
Drivers, Lessons and Opportunities
10am – 5pm, Tuesday 6 October
The Moller Centre, Cambridge, CB3 0DE
The Coastal Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) East Anglia Branch, in association with UKELA East, are hosting a special one-day conference on “Coastal Advance and Coastal Retreat – Drivers, lessons and opportunities”. The conference provides an opportunity to learn about a range of initiatives designed to advance or retreat the coastline, network with professionals and in particular to hear practitioners’ experiences of translating ideas and policies into reality on the ground.
Sessions will be chaired by Greg Guthrie (ICE Maritime Panellist) and Bryan Curtis (Chairman of the Coastal Group Chairmen’s Network). Confirmed speakers and their topics include:
– Nicola Clay (The Crown Estate) Sandscaping – Legal and technical considerations
– Jeremy Pickles (East Riding of Yorkshire) Coastal change management: practical experiences and lessons
– Rachael Hill (Environment Agency) Future vision for coastal erosion management
– James Pereira QC (FTB) Legal issues and challenges on an eroding coast
– Rob Wise (NFU) Landowner issues and opportunities with managed realignment
– Teresa Fenn (RPA) Lessons from coastal pathfinder projects in rollback & lease back
– Hans Verhoogt (Royal HaskoningDHV) Advancing shores profiting fisheries industry
– John Sharpe (RSPB) Environmental & legal lessons in mature realignment schemes
Full details including costs, booking arrangements and an Exhibitor Package can be found in the flyer.
To see the webpage on the CIWEM site, please go here.