Defra’s latest bathing water newsletter is now available here. This edition of the newsletter covers:
Bathing water results 2011;
Bathing water information signs;
Catchment Sensitive Farming;
Delivering Healthy Water;
Love your River
Water White Paper
The PREMIAM Conference
Pollution Response in Emergencies
Marine Impact Assessment and Monitoring
Guidelines, Co-ordination and Future Challenges
July 4th, 2012 – SOAS, University of London
The aim of this conference is to provide a forum for scientists, regulators and other professionals working in the field of marine oil/chemical spill monitoring to share experience, best practice and knowledge to the wider marine emergency response community. We hope to promote the use of sound science, co-operation and co-ordination in the design, conduct and management of environmental monitoring and impact assessment practices following accidental releases of oil/chemicals to the marine environment.
- Publicise and promote best practice in the application of sound science to monitoring and impact assessment following marine spill incidents.
- To hear the views of emergency response professionals charged with commissioning and conducting post-spill marine monitoring and impact assessment.
- To learn about relevant emerging issues and risk assessment approaches.
- To share best practice in the planning, management and conduct of marine monitoring activities following marine incidents and to learn from recent incident case studies.
- To understand the drivers and importance of quality post spill monitoring programmes from the perspective of key stakeholders: Regulators, Responders, Conservationists, Scientists and Offshore Industry.
- To learn about specific approaches and their potential use in post-spill monitoring and impact assessment.
- To understand how post-spill monitoring fits in to the wider response, clean-up and advice activities following a spill.
Information about the conference and how to register can be found at: http://www.coastms.co.uk/conferences/459
The agenda and information package for the Coastal SIG’s 2012 Annual General Meeting is now available. The package can be viewed here.